What are thread veins?
Thread veins are small capillaries (veins) which can appear on the face, neck, chest and legs. On the face, they are often a result of tiny blood vessels bursting which can be caused by increased pressure or sun damage. They are not dangerous and serve no purpose. Those who suffer from thread veins often feel the need to cover them up affecting their self-confidence.
Types of visible veins?
- Telangiectasia – Individual broken veins found around the face, neck and chest
- Spider veins – A cluster of veins webbed together resembling a spider’s web
- Campbell de morgan – Also known as a blood spot, a pool of blood trapped under the skin, sometimes raised
- Leg veins – These can vary in colour, typically red or purple. They need to be removed with stronger treatments such as laser or sclerotherapy
- Varicose veins – Much thicker, protruding veins found on the legs; these need to be treated by a vascular surgeon
What can you do to remove facial thread veins?
- Cosmeceutical skincare – Clinically proven redness reducing products can help to minimise the visible appearance of mild telangiectasia
- Cauterisation – We use ACP (an advanced form of electrolysis) that involves using a probe with a current emitted to the end of it, by tapping this against the vein it cauterises, killing the blood supply
With over 18 years combined experience in the Aesthetic industry, we have seen many clients suffering with thread veins and equipped ourselves with the right tools to manage them while considering budget and lifestyle.
All of our treatments are results driven and clinically proven to make sure you get the clear skin that you deserve. Scroll down to follow links to the best treatments available for thread veins. Use the Book button to arrange an ACP (blemish removal) treatment or general skincare consultation to discuss your options further.
For more information on Thread Veins please Click Here.
If you would like to know more about Thread Veins please fill in the form and we will be sure to get back to you soon.
We use a range of procedures to tackle Thread Veins
Please Click on one below for further information.
Thread Veins FAQ
Try to avoid exposing your skin to extreme heat changes. Reduce alcohol consumption as this can exacerbate them and use SPF daily and UV damage can cause them.