What are milia?
Milia are small hard lumps found on the skin. They form when keratin (skin cells) become trapped under the skin. They cannot be removed simply by squeezing as they are too hard to pop. Milia most often appear on the face, commonly around the eyelids and cheeks, though they can appear anywhere.
What can you do to prevent and remove milia?
- Exfoliate – Using an exfoliator will remove the dead skin layer and prevent further milia
- Use acids – AHA’s such as cosmeceutical glycolic acid help to reduce dead skin cells
- Monthly facials – Having monthly exfoliating facials such as HydraFacial or Dermaplaning will reduce dead skin build up and prevent further milia appearing
- Microlance – This is the practice of using a small needle to create a tiny hole in the milia through which it can then be extracted, however this is recommended to be performed by a professional
- Cauterisation – We use ACP (an advanced form of electrolysis) that involves using a probe with a current emitted to the end of it, by tapping this against the milia it cauterises, causing it to harden up and fall off in a matter of days
With over 18 years combined experience in the Aesthetic industry, we have seen many clients suffering with milia and equipped ourselves with the right tools to manage them while considering budget and lifestyle.
All of our treatments are results driven and clinically proven to make sure you get the clear skin that you deserve.
Scroll down to follow links to the best treatment available for milia. Use the Book button to arrange an ACP (blemish removal) treatment or general skincare consultation to discuss your options further.
For more information on Milia please Click Here.
If you would like to know more about Milia please fill in the form and we will be sure to get back to you soon.
We use a range of procedures to tackle Milia
Please Click on one below for further information.
The internationally renowned, multi award winning skin health treatment. HydraFacial is a multi step facial that effectively extracts congestion, softens fine lines, smooths and deeply hydrates the skin with instant results visible and long term benefits, suitable for all skin types with no pain and no downtime.Read More
ACP (blemish removal) treatment is recommended to safely cauterise the milia. The treatment only takes a few minutes to perform and the lesions will fall off naturally in a matter of a few days.
Exfoliate regularly including around the eyes as this area is commonly missed out which is why milia are so common in this area. There is nothing wrong with gently exfoliating around the eyes.