What is hirsutism?
Hirsutism is the name for male hair growth patterns in women, commonly seen on the lip, chin, neck and stomach. The hairs can vary in number, colour and thickness.
What can cause hirsutism?
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) – A common condition that affects 1 in 10 women and can increase testosterone (the male hormone) levels in the body
- Other health conditions – Due to an imbalance in the body
- Medication – Some medications have unwanted hair growth as a side effect
- Age – As women age they make less oestrogen (the female hormone) and more testosterone
What treatments are available for hair removal?
- Waxing/Threading/Plucking – Traditional forms of hair removal are an option to remove visible hairs, but it can make the hair growth worse as the forceful removal of these hairs from their root can cause them to grow back stronger
- Laser – Laser treatments are the best option for large areas of dark hair. However, the hair must be dark for the treatment to work so it’s not an option for white, brown or ginger hairs. Laser can also only claim permanent hair reduction, not permanent hair removal, you can expect to get an 80% reduction in hair growth after a course of treatments
- Electrolysis – Electrolysis is the only permanent form of hair removal available on the planet. It can treat any hair colour, as it uses a probe that’s inserted into the follicle of the hair, weakening its blood supply. Due to this it is only suitable for smaller areas such as the chin, lip, neck and belly button
With over 18 years combined experience in the Aesthetic industry, we have helped many women with their facial hair concerns. All of our treatments are results driven and clinically proven to give you hair free skin you can feel confident in.
Scroll down to follow links for the best treatments available for small areas of facial hair. You can use the Book button to arrange an electrolysis consultation and patch test free of charge.
For more information on Facial Hair please Click Here.
If you would like to know more about Facial Hair please fill in the form and we will be sure to get back to you soon.
We use a range of procedures to tackle Facial Hair
Please Click on one below for further information.
Electrolysis is a method of removing individual hairs from the face. The treatment destroys the growth centre of the hair with heat energy. After a very fine probe is inserted into the hair follicle, the hair is removed with tweezers. Electrolysis can treat any hair colour and is the only technology currently available that can claim permanent hair removal.Read More
Facial Hair FAQ
If you have a large area of black hair, laser is the best treatment to reduce the hair in this area. If you have a smaller patch of hair or you have brown, ginger or white hair then the best option would be electrolysis. Electrolysis can treat any hair colour and is permanent hair removal.
There is nothing that you can do to prevent this hair growth coming through, however avoid aggressive waxing, plucking and threading as this can cause the hair to grow back thicker.